temporalequinox asked you:
Hi! I love your comic and I’ve been working on a vintage inspired story myself for the passed few years now, but I can never find a great source for clothing of the time period my story takes place in. Do you by any chance have an accurate source that you look to for…
‘Got any fives?’
Ahh this was so nice~
Ooooohhhhh myyyyy gooooosh it’ssoperfidon’teveeeeeen
This is exactly what I needed in my life. Yes. This. <3
2 years later and still one of the best suggestions I’ve ever made. Ye ♥
Human Feelings as Drugs
It would be really cool to have a movie about this in a world where the government distributes these to people, and at first glance everything is fine, people with depression and antisocial disorder are being instantly treated and that’s great. But then you realize that there are groups of people abusing these drugs underground, like there will be people on happy all the time, people that use hope to delude themselves, or people that drug other people with love, and that true human emotions have been nearly wiped out. Then at the end it’s discovered that the government is using these drugs to control society and manipulate people into becoming soldiers by taking away their empathy and filling them up with trust for the government. So it ends in an uprising led by a resistance group who lead the people to realize that their humanity has been stripped and doesn’t come in a bottle.
Sometimes Tumblr comes up with better movie/book/show premises than the ones being dished out.
They did that once on Doctor Who and everyone was fucked up.
THIS HAS BEEN DONE ELSEWHERE!! -flails-
I have an important announcement!
A new tea has just come on the market.
You ever get that guilty feeling?
Maybe you abandoned the wife and kids,
and left them without a crumb to split between them?
Or maybe you killed someone.
A relative… or a Neighbor?
And it’s left that niggling feeling in the pit of your stomach?
That’s growing little by little into a dull throbbing pain.
Gnawing away at you!
Undermining your confidence!
And making you feel sick… and worthless? And fearful.
WELL FEAR NO LONGER!
BECAUSE CLEAR CONSCIENCE HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!
#I have a screencap for this
I made these just for this. I have been waiting for this.
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
the lorax for /r/sketchdaily
hyped hyped hYPED
THE AMOUNT OF EXCITEMENT WITHIN ME IS TOO MUCH TO HANDLE
Have a transparent bottle of O’Hare purified air for your blog
what an animated one-sided conversation they must be having
i can’t even tell through the mask, is tinker even listening?
tinker please figment has so much to say